Hi, I’m Alan.
I’m a Creative Director and copywriter in Los Angeles. I’ve been doing this job for about 13 years.
Rather than crush your soul with buzzwords (“I’m a strategically-minded lateral thinker who loves brand engagement and dogs!”), I’m going to tell you ten things that I like. And they’re going to be in a list because this is the Internet and there are rules.
Things I Like (Abridged)
- When the person next to you has an idea so great that the whole room gets caffeinated
- Greasy gyros
- Advertising that rewards your attention
- A brief that has a real, honest to god insight in it
- Sending people gifs of Robert Durst blinking
- Joakim Noah—everything about him
- When the idea you wrote for yourself is the one that everyone gets excited about
- Karaoke-ing Prince
- When the pad gets hot and 30 jokes fall out
- Honorable mention goes to Thin Lizzy in the summer, Paul F Tompkins on a podcast and Kumail Nanjani, Birthday Loan Officer.
I have my M.A. in English. I’m also a Second City writing program grad, so I have a diploma to prove that I was willing to pay someone to tell me I was funny. And I make stuff up at iO, UCB and on a podcast here in LA.
Want to take a look at my resume?